A male condom is a thin latex or polyurethane sheath that is placed over a man’s erect penis before sex.
The condom, one of the most popular contraceptive methods, is a simple and inexpensive way to prevent unintended pregnancy and STDs. The male condom works by capturing sperm as they are released and preventing them from entering the vagina. The tip has a reservoir that collects the man’s semen and prevents it from entering the vagina during ejaculation. Along with female condoms, they are the only contraceptive method that protects you against STDs and against pregnancy. The most important thing is that you use a condom every time you have sex.
Male condoms come in all shapes and sizes, and for those who are sensitive, in all materials, so even if you have allergies or sensitive skin, there is a condom that is right for you.
Using the male condom is easy, just roll the condom over the erect penis just before sex and you’re done. Once you are done and the condom has done its job, remove it before the penis becomes soft. It should be held against the base of the penis as soon as ejaculation has occurred to ensure that it does not slip and to prevent semen from escaping when the penis is withdrawn. Use it once and then throw it away.
It is important to review what type of lubricant is appropriate to use with each of the condom materials as some can have adverse effects on the material. For example, oil-based lubricants don’t go well with latex and putting them together can cause the male condom to break or slip, just so you know.
PROS AND CONS
- Can be used on demand
- You can take it with you easily
- It is not affected by the use of other medications
- Can be used when you are breastfeeding
- Without hormones
- It’s easy to use
- It is the best protection against HIV / AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Stop sex
- It can break or come off during sex if not used correctly
- Some people are allergic to latex condoms
- It can cause irritation or allergic reactions (if you are allergic to latex you can try polyurethane condoms)